This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GreatTasteTourney #CollectiveBias
I love college basketball. I'm not a big sports person, but for some reason, basketball in March is an exception. Andrew and I have filled out brackets to compete against each other since we've been dating (Andrew won't admit it, but I win every year). In fact, we watched one of the final four games in the hospital last year after I birthed Taylor.
This year, we are planning on going over to my in-laws for most of the games. I decided since they're playing the gracious host to us, I need to repay their hospitality with treats. I got a little creative to make said treats on-theme, because what's better than on-theme treats?
Here's a little something, something I came up with...
First up, I made those fun chocolate-dipped OREOS. They look fancy, but are so easy (honestly, I couldn't manage anything that wasn't simple). In fact, to prove the simplicity, here is the four-step process.
1. Skewer your OREO
2. Melt white chocolate in the microwave. I usually put some white chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container and stir every 30 seconds, to make sure it doesn't burn. Once the chocolate is smooth, add a few drops of orange food coloring to the melted chocolate
3. Dip your skewered OREO
4. Once dry, take black icing and pipe the lines for the basketball
That's it, you're done! I told you it was easy.
Next on the agenda is making a cheer section with the help of Coca-Cola Zero™. I promise this one is an even easier project.
1. Make little pom-poms with yarn. Wrap the yarn around the outside of the fork and then tie a piece a string down the middle of the yarn, splitting it in half. Cut the two bunched ends and you have a pom-pom!
2. Print off these cheerleader "outfit" printables for your Coke Zero bottle or can (Or you can make your own cheer outfits using construction paper)
3. Tape both the pom-poms and outfit onto your Coke Zero and you're done!
Now you have some festive treats that are cute and easy to make! I swung by Safeway to pick up some supplies and then made my treats in an hour flat. If I can do it, so can you. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy.
One last thing I want to leave you with is a free printable bracket to keep track of your teams. Yes, I know there are blank brackets already online, but they aren't very cute. This one (if I do say so myself) is way better looking than the standard one. To get it, just click here to download the free bracket! Please force your husband to use it. Haha.
- Visit http://cokeplaytowin.com/tastethemadness for a chance to win NCAA prizes.
- Mondelēz International and Coca-Cola are Corporate Champion and Partners of the NCAA.
- NCAA and Taste the Madness are trademarks of the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
- © Mondelēz International group © Coca-Cola Zero is a registered trademark of the Coca-Cola Company.