January 13, 2014

The Inevitable Love Story: Part Four

Don't forget to read part one, part two, and part three first.

After deciding to trust that things would work out, I threw myself into all other aspects of my life to avoid thinking about Andrew. I re-dedicated myself to my calling, attended the temple more, made new friends, went on a lot of dates, started writing on the blog more, took a few trips, attended blogging events, took every opportunity with my etsy shop, got a temporary second job, volunteered to help in a twice-weekly reading program, and moved into a house. To say I was busy would be an understatement. I didn't have any extra free time. And I loved it.

I would run into Andrew at church functions. For the most part we were civil (there may have been a few times that I purposely ignored him- oops), but after getting over the undeniably fact that we would still be present in each other's life, we established a friendship that was acknowledged by occasional passing head nods. As much as I tried to avoid him, we would constantly bump into each other. Our timing was impeccable when it came to showing up to activities at the exact same time. It was quite infuriating, but I secretly liked it.

(Side story: With all the happenings going on in my life as well as the big decisions that seemed to be flying my way, I was worried that maybe I wasn't making the right decisions. I knew that I was making good decisions, but were they the best possible decisions for my life? I decided that I wanted the comfort and assurance only a priesthood blessing could bring so I asked Andrew if he would be willing. He was and I was able benefit from his priesthood power. I will forever be grateful for his worthiness and willingness.)

The civility and politeness continued over the course of a few weeks until one fateful Sunday. It was fast and testimony meeting and although I hardly ever (see: never) work up the courage to bear my testimony at the pulpit, I had an undeniably feeling to get up. So I did. As I turned to face the congregation, the only person I saw was him. Mister Snow was seated directly center in the very back row. The way he stared at me as I bore my testimony was quite unnerving and once I sat back down, I was more than a little shaken from the experience. I told myself not to think about it, but that proved to be impossible. As the rest of the church meetings progressed, I ran into Andrew a ridiculous amount. Every corner I turned, there he was. I could not avoid him. I was more than relieved when I was able to go home. I just couldn't handle it.

I was able to put it out of my mind until I received a text message from Andrew on Tuesday asking if we could talk. Being stubborn I told him there wasn't really anything that needed to be discussed. But he insisted, saying he had some questions for me. I relented and he said he'd be by around five that same day. My stomach was in knots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...